lun 02 ott|
«Greening International Youth Mobilities» training course – Call for participants
What: a training course to learn how to reduce the negative environmental impact of international youth mobilities Where: in a traditional rural house in the beautiful valley of Valdediós (“valley of Gods”), in Asturias, Spain When: 2nd-8th October 2023 For who: youth mobility project organisers,
Time & Location
02 ott 2023, 19:00 – 08 ott 2023, 19:00
Asturias, Asturias, Spain
About The Event
What: a training course to learn how to reduce the negative environmental impact of international youth mobilities
Where: in a traditional rural house in the beautiful valley of Valdediós (“valley of Gods”), in Asturias, Spain
When: 2nd-8th October 2023
For who: youth mobility project organisers, preferably working within the Erasmus + framework
Why: the way in which most of us have been carrying out our daily activities has led us into the most serious climate crisis that humanity has ever had to face. Youth mobilities are no exception and, through them, we consume resources, promote national and international travel, and build capacities in young people across Europe and beyond.
In the quest for lowering our negative impact on the planet, we have figured out many ways in which to organize more environmentally friendly youth mobilities. We want to tell you all about it and look together for even more ways in which we can utilize these activities for the improvement of the health of our planet.
- To train youth mobility project organisers on ways to decrease the negative environmental impact of youth mobilities;
- To explore further ways in which to have a positive impact on the environment through a youth mobility project;
- To connect project organisers with an interest in greening their practices, and foster their cooperation and ideas sharing.
Conditions for participation:
Please only send your application if you fulfill ALL of the following conditions:
- You organise or want to start organising residential projects for building capacities of young people coming from different geographical locations (youth mobility projects);
- You are over 18 years old at the time of the training course;
- You are currently living (and will travel from) one of these countries: Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Senegal or Spain;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are able and willing to be fully present and participative during the whole duration of the training course (2-8 October);
- You are happy to spend a week surrounded by nature and away from urban distractions.
Value and costs:
- You will be provided high-quality training by a team of 3 experienced trainers/facilitators, a memorable learning experience, comfortable accommodation, and tasty sustainable meals during the training course;
- Your travel costs to Spain will be fully refunded1 by bank transfer after your participation in the training course, upon submission of your travel tickets. In order to be coherent with the topic of the project, you are required to travel to this training by land. Exceptions are only possible upon medical recommendation or similar unavoidable reasons;
- Participation fee²: We have set a symbolic participation fee on a sliding scale from 50 to 150€. You will be free to choose your contribution according to your own personal financial possibilities and the value you see in this 6 days training program. Your chosen fee will be deducted from your travel reimbursement. If this is an obstacle to your participation please talk to us about lowering or waving your fee.
¹ Up to a maximum of 320 EUR for Germany, Czech Republic, and Italy, 530 for Senegal, and 210 EUR for Spain (only if you travel from more than 100 km away).
²This fee will be used to compensate the CO2 emissions of your travels, via donation to the NatureFriends Climate Fund, as well as for contributing to the training costs.
How to apply:
Fill in the application form here.
Applications will be reviewed frequently, and places allocated fast if you fit the profile and the application is good enough. For this reason, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. You will be informed of the results of the selection process in due time and, if offered a place in the training, you will be required to purchase your transport tickets in order to confirm your spot in the training.
This training opportunity is open to everyone coming from the above-mentioned countries, but we will give preference to existing members of the partner organizations: ASAN (Senegal), Gian-Gió (Italy), IYNF (Czech Republic), NatureFreunde Jugend (Germany), and Biodiversa (Spain), provided that they fulfill the above-mentioned «conditions for participation».